Sr Staff Accountant (Temporary)
An entertainment company in El Segundo is looking for a Staff Accountant for a temporary opportunity!
Hours: Regular office hours (9am-5:30pm M-F), plus overtime is mandatory; must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Collect and track all necessary inputs to generate financial models and reporting packets, and to improve the quality and timeliness of existing reports issued to department
- Analyze balance sheet and certain revenue and expense general ledger accounts on a monthly basis for several divisions.
- Perform accounting duties for coding South Bay Lakers food & travel expenses and coding of Amex
- Complete report balancing relating to revenues, calculation of assessment, and reporting to the league; and analysis
- Coding of Levy bills received from the arena and tracking expenses by department
- Maintain comprehensive and complex general ledger accounts requiring the analysis of accounting transactions and the establishment and maintenance of accounting controls
- Perform monthly bank account reconciliations, intercompany reconciliation and reconcile AR/AP subledgers to G/L
- Prepare month end journal entries related to Fixed Assets
- Reconcile fixed asset additions and dispositions; assist in preparation of annual property tax returns
- Prepare sales tax related entries and reconcile accrued sales tax liability to supporting detail
- Prepare and submit sales, property tax filing, and use tax filings and handle any related inquiries or audits for California
- Review invoices to verify correct sales/use tax of purchases and sales.
- Reconcile sales tax payments with amounts charged to general ledger accounts and specific projects
- Prepare consolidated quarterly financial statements
- Prepare accompanying schedules for the quarterly financial memo
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- 4-5 years of work experience in accounting
- Previous experience in sports and entertainment industry preferred
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel)
- Preferred - previous knowledge of Great Plains software, Oracle, FAS Depreciation, Ticketmaster Archtics, and XLR or other report writer
- Must be able to pass a background heck
Send your resume today!
"24 Seven and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance."