Sr. Toy Designer
Industrial Designer for Girls Toy Box:
- Designer will work with other designers and help take concept into 3D form.
- Must be able to do trend boards, have knowledge in plastics and manufacturing.
- They could be designing any form of toys for girls and boys ranging from animals/pets and dolls to playsets/environments.
- Good at taking instructions and need to be able to work independently as well as in teams. The workload will be very fast paced.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Designer is responsible for generating innovative, creative, and complete product concepts based on direction given by Design management and / or strategic criteria determined by Design, Marketing, and Executive management. This is accomplished through the rendering of 2-D B-sheets (Illustrations) and / or complete 3-D preliminary models that fully express all aspects of the product concept/s working within established guidelines.
KEY RESULTS AREAS: With direction and support of a manager/design lead:
- Generate creative concepts and translate into complete 3-D products; this includes presentations of concepts to Design, Marketing, and Executive management.
- Participate in the creation of 2-D and 3-D preliminary models; this includes creating the materials required for proper presentation of product. (IE: textiles, miniatures, creative solutions to new parts, etc.)
- Participate in the early stages of product development to ensure that product can be 1) manufactured and 2) within cost and target profit margins.
- Support the ongoing development of the product as required.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: With direction and support of a manager:
- Generate creative product concepts per direction from Design management and / or strategic criteria determined by Design, Marketing, and Executive management.
- Render 2-D and 3-D preliminary models of complete product concepts for presentation to Design, Marketing, and Executive management; this includes working with the Model Maker/s, Engineer/s, and Development Designer/s.
- Partner with Development Designer/s and Cost Engineering to insure adherence to cost / target profit margin goals.
- Effectively participate in the early development phase of the product from Design Start through Executive Approval (EA); this includes providing certain information and tangible items required for the creation of Development Start Package/s.
- Continue to support the ongoing development of the product as necessary from EA through Production Pilot (PP).
1. STRONG SKETCHING/ILLUSTRATION SKILLS. Candidate needs to have a great hand.
2. RANGE OF STYLE. Please ask candidates to bring a good range of their portfolio and their sketchbooks! Be able to draw playsets and understand area proportions with proper branding details and play pattern. Drawing/illustration of animals/pets in a variety of styles and some dolls.
3. TEAM PLAYER. They will be supporting lead designer for the most part.
EDUCATION REQUIRED: BS/BA Industrial Design 4+ Years Professional Experience