Sr. UI Designer
A leading education firm in San Mateo, CA is hiring for a full-time Senior UI Designer.
The Senior User Interface Designer will join their Visual Design team in a leadership role.
The Senior User Interface Designer will be expected to have a clean, engaging visual portfolio that makes online learning both intuitive and fun.
- Ability to adapt any creative styles as needed while maintaining visual consistency and brand identity
- Enhance existing interfaces with new layouts, photos, graphics, and content
- Work across a broad range of fidelities, from rough sketches to highly polished, production ready assets and mock ups
- Design across multiple platforms and responsive applications that can fit screen sizes for tablet, laptop, mobile and desktop
- Quickly produce appropriate assets needed by the development team
- Mentor junior members of the UI team
- Provide artistic direction and feedback on UI team projects
- 5+ years experience in visual user interface design
- Ability to create clean, clutter-free, visually consistent designs In-depth knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash
- Understanding and appreciation of standard user interface design concepts and processes
- Ability to effectively communicate visually, verbally, and in writing
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organization skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple design requests in a timely fashion
- Passion for outstanding, elegant design
- Experience in print design is a plus
- Experience mentoring or managing other UI designers is a plus