Sr. UX Designer
Sr. UX Designer
Our client, a credit union, is seeking a Sr UX Designer. Will serve as a driving force behind re-design initiatives and is responsible for developing and leading user experience research and design, serving as a champion for member empathy and user-centered design across delivery channels. The Sr UX Designer will provide guidance to junior UX Design peers and promote the larger User Experience strategy. The person will be a demonstrated design thinker, with experience in ethnographic research methods, user interviews, persona development, journey mapping, and leading collaborative ideation sessions. The Sr UX Designer will contribute by doing and making, identifying challenges and finding opportunities to solve real user problems while collaborating cross-organizationally to use design research and strategy to facilitate deeper member understanding and address core business needs.
- Plan, conduct and synthesize useability research including methods such as contextual interviews, task analysis, mental models, personas, journey maps, competitive analysis, paper and interactive prototyping.
- Provide guidance and leadership for junior UX designers.
- Formulate and promote the larger User Experience strategy.
- Conduct full UX audits, taking a leadership role in User Experience strategic solutions that ensure the execution and delivery of domain specific designs from responsive web applications to iOS and Android mobile apps..
- Synthesize broad and ambiguous business requirements to design intuitive and insightful product and service experiences that drive membership growth, engagement and retention.
- Transform complex quantitative and qualitative data and insights into visual displays to more effectively tell the story and advance understanding relative to user needs throughout the experience and/or product lifecycle.
- Partner effectively with developers and other designers to identify and validate hypothesis while addressing design challenges effectively. Identify, recommend and prioritize opportunities for improving the user experience.
- Clearly articulate design decisions to vast set of internal stakeholders.
- Acts as a design lead for a project; partnering with product management and development leads to set product direction validate design decisions and concepts, and deliver value to internal stakeholders and product users.
- Create and share metrics and analytics to indicate success.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in user experience design or as a human centered design practitioner, with experience managing projects and facilitating teams, required.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, and Sketch preferred.
- Previous experience in lean and agile work environments required.
- Depth in at least one design practice area required (experience strategy, service design, interaction design, visual design, or design research), with ability to take a broad perspective and approach to determining objectives and methodologies to critical assignments.
- Knowledge of a variety of user research methods and demonstrated understanding of the capabilities and limitations of various research methods required.
- Experience in constructively challenging the status quo across the enterprise, succinctly and visually represent key insights, and analyzing and prioritizing end users’ need to effectively transform this analysis into design solutions.
- Ability to exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness to solve complex user experience problems and convey ideas in a tangible format required.
- Ability to prototype rapidly in multiple mediums and levels of interactivity (physical, digital, low and hi-fidelity, tangible and conceptual) and translate insight and strategy into concept prototypes to communicate your vision through artifacts required.
- Ability to lead teams through early research and discovery activities including usability testing, persona definition, information architecture, wireframes and design tasks required.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate and provide customer service required.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
24 Seven is an award-winning creative staffing and recruiting firm that connects high caliber talent with leading brands, marketing departments, design firms, ad and interactive agencies. For 15 years, 24 Seven has been providing temporary, temp-to-hire, direct hire and executive search solutions to leading organizations across many industries, including fashion, luxury retail, e-commerce and beauty. We support our clients' evolving talent demands with offices in New York, London, Toronto, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Orange County, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, Philadelphia and Atlanta.