A healthcare company in Valencia is seeking a Staff Accountant with experiences in general ledger and payroll.
This is a full time, direct hire opportunity!
The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, self-motivation and knowledge of general accounting practices and procedures. The primary function of this position is to process bi-monthly payroll for the organization, prepares, develops and reviews the accounting and financial information, as well as provides a strong level of support to the accounting team.
- Assist with the monthly close process and with the preparation and analysis of financial information
- Prepare journal entries and accruals, both recurring and nonrecurring
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Cross functional interaction with other departments, including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Ability to communicate efficiently with Senior Management and cross-functionally with other departments
- Maintain Corporate petty cash account
- Perform bi-weekly deposits received primarily from insurance providers
- Build and maintain detailed supporting schedules
- Preparation of supporting documentation for financial statements
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business, Accounting or related field
- 2 years of professional general ledger accounting experience in addition to the degree
- 2 years of payroll experience
- Strong proficiency level within Microsoft Excel (V-Lookups, Index-Match, Formulas, Pivot Tables, Filtering, Sorting, Formatting)
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented
- Ability to work well in a dynamic environment, meeting tight deadlines and handling multiple assignments
- Basic understanding of financial management applications, such as SAP, Lawson and Epicor
"Employer and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.”