Our client is a high-end, luxury men’s and women’s tailored clothing company. This dashing brand is the epitome of style and good taste. If you want to get noticed, look no further than to purchase one of their garments. Their company culture is fast-paced and very exciting as they are incredibly collaborative and inclusive. It is the perfect environment for an entrepreneurial spirit to flourish.
In this role you will support the finance team in a 4 business day monthly financial close environment including preparing monthly detail account reconciliations, journal entry preparation, analysis and financial statements. You will be responsible to ensure reconciliations are completed within the required time frames and possess a strong working knowledge of retail accounting for sales reconciliation, leased/concession department stores, and % rent calculations.
• Participate in all facets of month-end close process
• Compile and distribute daily sales, various flash reports and monthly sales planning
• Responsible for sales audit
• Fixed Asset accounting
• Landlord sales reporting
• Concessions accounting - sales/fees to settlement reconciliation and related entries
• BS Accounting degree
• 2+ years’ experience in Public Accounting preferred
• Advanced excel skills including the use of pivots and tables is required. An understanding of access is preferred
• Must be self-motivated and possess strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to excel in both a team environment and work independently
• Detail oriented and an ability to work in a meticulous manner