Staff Analyst - Accounts Receivable
Our client, a leading retail company, is looking for a Staffy Analyst, Accounts Receiveable to join their team for an immediate long term contract role.
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position is the key support to the senior for ensuring that all international franchise transactions happen in a timely and accurate manner within the Strategic Alliances organization. Ensures all Accounts Receivable balances are accurately stated on a monthly basis. Performs varied work assignments with limited supervision. Conducts moderately complex accounting activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Compile sales invoices, sales corrections, and perform sales tracking for franchise customers
• Post sales transactions and cash payments to the AR ledger and perform a monthly AR reconciliation
• Perform customs packages validation using MS Access databases
• Manage various billing exception processes for customers using MS Excel, MS Access and Adobe Acrobat
• Work with IT to communicate system requirements and enhancements to achieve efficiencies and correct errors
• Perform various ad-hoc reporting and support special projects
• Assist with month end close process by running reports and preparing simple and complex journal entries.
• Maintain various MS Access databases necessary to generate sales invoices and corrections
• Responsible for identifying and acting upon opportunities for improvement
• Accountable for delivering excellent service to customer
• Cross train with other members of the A/R team to serve as backup for Strategic Alliances related functions
• Manage the withholding tax processes
• Manage the set up of new franchisees in Oracle A/R
• Prepare the unbilled sub ledger monthly
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Previous accounts receivable experience preferred
• Basic knowledge of accounting and revenue recognition guidelines preferred
• Strong knowledge of accounting, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Intermediate/Advanced MS Excel skills required, including Pivot Tables, V-lookups, Macros
• Intermediate MS Access skills required
• Knowledge of accounting mainframe systems and or software
• Demonstrated customer service and problem resolution skills
• Demonstrated initiative, ability to drive results and achieve goals with minimum direction • Proven analytical and teamwork skills
2) Minimum educational level:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, or previous applicable experience
• Minimum 4 – 5 years related experience, preferably in Finance or Accounting, required
• Reconciliation experience
4) Core Competencies:
• Time Management: Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broad range of activities.
• Written Communications: Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
• Informing: Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
• Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
• Self-Development: Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits