Store Operations Analyst
The Store Operations Financial Analyst position is primarily focused on creating & understanding reporting that ties back to critical profitability drivers in our retail locations, with a focus on payroll, conversion and key operational activities. This position is responsible for creating and distributing operational reports, store performance reporting, analyses of key operational initiatives to determine ROI, as well as ad hoc requests from the store leadership teams with an ability to effectively communicate insights to store teams and business partners. This position will work within the Store Operations department, with close partnerships with our Finance & Store Planning teams, and must maintain a strong relationship with our store teams. This position requires a strong attention to detail and consistent drive to ensure all reporting for the business is accurate. This position requires the ability to solve problems with a quick turnaround.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
List the major duties and responsibilities of this position, in order of importance. Be brief but include all important duties.
• Ability to provide analysis on store performance and ability to identify opportunities for improvements in the business
• Ability to review store payroll usage vs. forecasted labor expenses and target areas of improvement based on location
• Ability to identify trends in store and market performance for critical areas of the business
• Ability to provide recommendations for process changes and in-store execution based on data
• Involved in the planning of new profitability initiatives for stores
• Ability to problem solve with intelligence and urgency
• Ability to multi-task and quickly prioritize requested tasks
• Understands the expectation that all reporting must be accurate and communicated correctly to business users.
• BA degree required, with specific focus in business, finance or related field
• Minimum 2 years of applicable experience in a retail operations role focused on operational analysis
• Previous experience with payroll and traffic conversion analysis preferred
• Must be self-motivated and display an entrepreneurial approach to projects & deliverables
• Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task successfully on time-sensitive projects with minimum supervision.
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
• Ability to work as a team member
• Strong logical, analytic, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to present business strategies and action plans formally
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (excel in particular), Microstrategy, database applications
• May require minimal travel to Stores (some overnight and extended travel may be required)
• May require work on weekends & select holidays