Our client is a large, local insurance company looking for a Support Specialist to join the team. The main function of the Support Specialist is to provide superior customer service to external customers, department staff, and other company employees. Perform various billing functions such as creating initial billing set up for basic to complex policy plans.
- Modify and change the billing systems based on amendments and renewals.
- Understand basic contract provisions and billing codes to input non complex billing changes.
- Maintain data integrity and update system data bases to contribute to efficient department operations and accurate billing.
- Identify and recommend alternative administration options, negotiate exceptions to established procedures, Research, evaluate and resolve policyholder and field force requests.
- Participate in installation calls as necessary.
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
- Answer basic inquiries; and respond to written correspondence; Communicate and coordinate with appropriate home and field office employees to identify and implement satisfactory solutions.
- Provide administrative support for the customer service department, Including but not limited to supply orders, legal indexing, forms mail out, mail and report sorting and delivery.
- Preparing documents for imaging.
- Create, edit, and proofread letters, processes, reports, presentation materials, and prepare correspondence often with little direction.
- Gather and analyze incoming inquiries or information to identify and solve problems with little or no precedent.
- Evaluate and communicate information in a clear and professional manner, recognizing when high sensitivity and discretion is required.
- Regular attendance mandatory
- Able to lift up to 20 pounds
- Able to input large amounts of data into system for a greater part of each working day.
- Needs to be able to use telephone to communicate with customers.
- Verbal and written communication skills, multi-tasking, customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Ability to keep information organized and confidential.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.Education
- Demonstrated expertise providing advanced administrative support, including MS Office applications, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with managing multiple tasks with different deadlines and goals.
- HS Diploma required.
- 0-2 Years' Experience