Sustainability Project Manager
Our client in the activewear industry seeks a Sustainability Project Manager to join the Sustainability Team.
- Person needs to have experience within a sustainability team previously, or at least a real passion/interest in sustainability. This could be thru volunteering, clubs during their time at college, etc. Just something that will show that this person cares about the environment and how we can make changes to be more sustainable living.
- PM with no sustainability exp/interest shown isn’t going to work.
- This person needs to care about sustainability, have PM skills, and will need to serve as a change agent on some levels.
- This team also deals with the sustainability website
- Work closely with internal/external investors
- Work closely with risk management
As the Sustainability Disclosure Manager for SB&I, you join a team that is responsible for delivering the right data and information to the right audiences at the right time. Specifically, you will project manage the process for delivering the client's Sustainable Business Report. This includes making sure that expectations are clear and timelines are met. You’ll help the team respond to a variety of survey and investor requests for information. You will also support the team by benchmarking best practices across a variety of different of topics including materiality assessments and long-term target development. Ultimately, you will help get our sustainability story out to our key internal and external stakeholders.
We believe that great things are more likely to happen with the right culture. Life should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. Teams that create and nurture a collaborative culture will excel.
We believe in messy learning within a culture of collaboration. We believe in being comfortable with the uncomfortable. We believe in meaningful, powerful, and intentionally connected experiences. This is the power of networks and we believe in networks. We believe that innovation takes place through the collective effort of many people with a diversity of thought, experience, background, culture and skills.
- Develop and manage the project plan for the annual sustainability report.
- Partner with business functions to develop content for internal and external sustainability disclosure.
- Manage the response for a subset of external sustainability survey requests
- Support SB&I and Investor Relations response to investor requests for sustainability information.
- Benchmark best practices in sustainability reporting, target development, materiality assessments and investor engagement.
- Challenge brand to be an accountable and purpose-led brand through greater transparency and disclosure.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Corporate Responsibility/Sustainability or a related field
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including managing and prioritizing multiple responsibilities to achieve strategic objectives
- Comprehensive research and analytical skills; ability to gather information quickly and to synthesize it into actionable information
- 3+ years’ experience in business analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including experience creating and delivering presentations
- Advanced Excel data manipulation skills
- Strong information seeking skills and drive to deliver results
- Capability to build and maintain cross-functional and cross-regional networks with internal and external resources and navigate complex organizational structures
Preferred qualifications include:
- Knowledge of corporate sustainability reporting standards and best practices
- Passion for sustainability and purpose-driven companies