Our client, a young, fun and global clothing retailer offers high-quality, on-trend products at affordable prices. This Americana –type brand provides perfect looks for the younger generations. Their warm, exciting and philanthropic offices are a direct reflection of their views as a company.
In this role you will conceptualize and execute seasonal sweater and accessories lines from initial sketch review to bulk production- including interim proto development.
- Work with the color team to develop seasonal custom sweater palettes
- Manage fittings for sweaters- tops, bottoms, misc rompers, etc and cold weather hats for accessories
- Presentation of seasonal product lines to executive team at various stages of development: kick off/ sketch review, overview, and coordination meetings with help of assistant designer
- Manage assistant designer in day to day calendar, deadlines, etc.
- Have an understanding of sweater knit construction, yarn development, gauges, and stitch/ pattern development
- Strong sketching ability- illustrator sketching preferred
- Must have full knowledge in sweaters, knits and gauges, sketch by hand or illustrator, contemporary/juniors knowledge