Tech Designer/Product Developer
The Technical Designer/Product Developer is responsible for maintaining design integrity and the fit of apparel, soft and hard goods categories for all in-house private label lines and licensed programs.
- Organize garments for fittings and products for evaluations, communicate areas of concern and recommend corrections to design team.
- Assist in fit sessions, record fit notes, and communicate adjustments needed.
- Partner in creating and updating Tech Packs for all in-house private labels and licensed products.
- Maintain Tech Packs for development and production, including, but not limited to: construction callouts, sketch adjustments, BOM, construction requirements, specs/grading, and artwork.
- Proof all Art Tech Packs and insert into development and/or production tech packs and communicate Art T.P.s changes to essential team members when changes occur.
- Assist in upload all Tech Packs for development/production and send to Over-Seas Contractors. Confirm all information is accurately communicated such as: fabric, design, technique, measurements/dimensions, artwork etc.
- Maintain consistency in fit, quality, construction and grade rules across all categories.
- Review, assess and advise on comprehensive sewing, construction, finishing standards and grade rule specifications.
- Communicate development packages to HK office
- Maintain program development WIPS once product is approved to sample and develop.
- Organize sample, fabric and trim quality libraries for reference.
- Work closely with product team to ensure garments are true to design intent.
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE/ ABILITY
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or Apparel Production
- Minimum 2-3 years of related work experience in technical design or apparel production.
- Working knowledge of the development process.
- Experience working with overseas factories is a must
- Proficient in MS Office & Excel
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop CC
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and quickly switch focus from one project to the next.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and self-motivate.
- Knowledge of garment construction, fabrication, patternmaking and grading.