Our client is a leading company designing and producing high-quality apparel and accessories across the globe. Their innovative, on-trend, and forward-thinking approach presents top designs for an extensive portfolio of well-known brands across the globe.
In this position, you would oversee all aspects of technical design to ensure accuracy of product measurements, quality, construction, and fit. You would also be responsible for partnering with various cross-functional team members, including technicians and assistants.
• Oversee all aspects of technical design for every collection and develop a fit comment document for all garment components, including fit, fabric, construction, stitch, and trim
• Measure garments accurately to identify any fit issues; execute fit comments efficiently to remain on schedule with production
• Participate in fit sessions, provide recommendations, note call-outs, and log critiques to accurately and efficiently address all issues
• Provide grading guidelines to vendors after fit approval to ensure quality consistency; collaborate with internal and external partners
• Approve samples for production after a thorough evaluation of fit, measurement, pattern shaping, hanger appeal, and functionality
• Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or related field
• 2-3 years’ technical design experience
• Experience in denim and/or sportswear
• Proficient with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator