Technical Designer for Swim and Intimates
Our client is a creative, fashion-forward and innovative private label company located in the heart of NYC’s historic garment district. With fashion as their backdrop, they are leaders in the industry and believe that superior design and execution are building blocks to success. With a fast-paced and exciting company culture, they breed entrepreneurial spirits alike.
In this role you will partner with product line managers, designers, materials and production to build product lines that deliver innovation while growing market share and profitability.
- Capture and detail all product materials/construction information, and maintain BOM and PLM information that will result in efficient raw material purchasing and accurately produced finished product
- Ensure the continuous integrity of product specifications in PLM, including BOMs, patterns, markers, grading information, size charts, technical drawings, and other critical data
- Produce accurate product specifications and ensure they are maintained and distributed effectively
- Manage the pattern creation process and ensure that TAD fit and quality standards are achieved in a timely fashion
- Direct development process to achieve commercial viability of designs through collaboration with Design, Materials Development, Purchasing, Production and Quality departments
- Manage the calendar and process including costing, quality evaluation, fabric, yarn, trim and color standards, and approval requirements
- Extensive knowledge of apparel construction( SWIM AND INTIMATES IS A MUST), material construction and properties, pattern making, costing, bill of materials, embroidery and surface applications (e.g. screen printing, etc)
- 5+ years experience in technical design; proven skills at problem solving, interpreting design intent, and product innovation
- Proven performance history with domestic and offshore vendors and manufacturers