Would you like to be a part of this highly entrepreneurial team and initiative? Our client is a family owned company that has taken off in the first 2 years of business to become a leader in Luxury Hair Extensions and Hair Accessories within North America. It is their mission to continue to expand as they inspire and empower women and men of all cultures and ethnicities to celebrate their unique individual beauty.
OVERVIEW of role:
The Technical Designer role is a pre-manufacturing function, responsible for facilitating the transition of products and packaging from design concept and first proto type to a production ready sample. This position will work closely with our Product Development Team to develop and manage new and existing product development. They will use tech packs to specify measurements, materials, construction details, size, and prototypes to ensure our standards are met consistently across products, vendors and all areas of business. The candidate must be a team player, confident in his or her design skills, with a desire to remain current with new cutting edge design programs, techniques, and design aesthetics. This individual will have a high level of technical expertise with strong communication skills.
- Works with Product Development Team to conceptualize design from first proto type to a production ready sample for all hair extensions, hair accessories and product packaging concepts.
- Create technical packages in PLM and Illustrator based upon design concepts by using technical sketches, digital photos, construction detail call-outs, point of measurement specifications, etc. as a tool of communicating concepts to global vendor partners.
- Evaluate all production samples for precise construction details to ensure all items meet company standards and are developed in a manner consistent with manufacturer capabilities and cost specifications.
- Make appropriate recommendations on matters pertaining to specs, pattern, construction methods and techniques to improve overall quality.
- Independently manage projects with organization and flexibility; manages simultaneous tasks effectively and delivers assignments in a timely manner
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree in Technical Design, Manufacturing, Product Development
- 2+ years of experience in a technical design capacity, with a thorough understanding of technical design, prototypes & development process from inception through production.
- Knowledge of product development and production processes and manufacturing principals.
- Expert skill level in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and PLM Programs
- Innovative and creative – must be able to build bridges between concepts and ideas to generate solutions for all products.
- Ability to prioritize and organize duties/tasks, handle multiple tasks and manage time effectively