Technical Designer, Infant/Baby
Our client is a well-known baby essentials brand creating stylish and plush baby accessories and apparel. Their high-end, contemporary, and vibrant prints provide the softest and most comfortable must-haves to enjoy with your little one.
In this position, you would oversee all aspects of technical design to ensure accuracy of product measurements, quality, construction, and fit.
• Oversee all aspects of technical design for every collection and develop a fit comment document for all garment components, including fit, fabric, construction, stitch, and trim
• Measure garments accurately to identify any fit issues; execute fit comments efficiently to remain on schedule with production
• Participate in fit sessions, provide recommendations, note call-outs, and log critiques to accurately and efficiently address all issues
• Provide grading guidelines to vendors after fit approval to ensure quality consistency; collaborate with internal and external partners
• Approve samples for production after a thorough evaluation of fit, measurement, pattern shaping, hanger appeal, and functionality
• 5 years’ technical design and/or patternmaking experience in the soft goods/apparel industry
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite