Technical Designer, Men’s
Our client is a leading menswear company with an extensive portfolio of well-known brands. Their high-quality, exceptional tailoring, and classic designs are celebrated by the most stylish trendsetters.
In this role, you would be responsible for directing fit sessions and sketching technical drawings. You would also be responsible for working with local and international vendors.
• Participate in post buy hand-off meetings and advise technical design requirements for assigned brands
• Lead fit session and note comments from design, product development, and executive teams; compare samples to the design style detail sheets to ensure accuracy
• Log fit comments and distribute to external vendors; review any quality and sourcing issues and delivery timelines
• Sketch technical drawings, construction details, garment components and update sewing details as necessary
• Partner with local and international vendors daily to resolve any construction, fit, and workmanship related issues
• Issue graded specifications after fit approval for production; evaluate pre-production samples to ensure the sample is bulk production ready
• Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or technical design
• 5+ years’ technical design experience in sweaters and knits
• Pattern design software and web PLM knowledge a plus