Technical Designer, Men's Swim and Active
Our client is a leading swimwear brand creating the most comfortable and flattering silhouettes to suit every individual. Their innovative, fashion-forward, ground-breaking designs empower everyone to feel their most confident while they relax pool side.
In this position, you would oversee all aspects of technical design to ensure accuracy of product measurements, quality, construction, and fit. You would also be responsible for partnering with various cross-functional team members, including technicians and assistants.
• Oversee all aspects of technical design for every collection and develop a fit comment document for all garment components, including fit, fabric, construction, stitch, and trim
• Measure garments accurately to identify any fit issues; execute fit comments efficiently to remain on schedule with production
• Participate in fit sessions, provide recommendations, note call-outs, and log critiques to accurately and efficiently address all issues
• Provide grading guidelines to vendors after fit approval to ensure quality consistency; collaborate with internal and external partners
• Approve samples for production after a thorough evaluation of fit, measurement, pattern shaping, hanger appeal, and functionality
• Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or related field
• Technical design experience in apparel or swimwear
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office suite
• Ability to correct patterns, resolve garment fit issues, and experience using Gerber a plus