Our client is a well-known fashion brand creating the latest fashion-forward apparel and accessories. Their contemporary, feminine, and classic designs are worn by the most stylish trendsetters.
In this position, you would oversee all aspects of technical design to ensure accuracy of product measurements, quality, construction, and fit. You would also be responsible for partnering with various cross-functional team members, including technicians and assistants.
• Oversee all aspects of technical design for every collection and develop a fit comment document for all garment components, including fit, fabric, construction, stitch, and trim
• Measure garments accurately to identify any fit issues; execute fit comments efficiently to remain on schedule with production
• Participate in fit sessions, provide recommendations, note call-outs, and log critiques to accurately and efficiently address all issues
• Provide grading guidelines to vendors after fit approval to ensure quality consistency; collaborate with internal and external partners
• Approve samples for production after a thorough evaluation of fit, measurement, pattern shaping, hanger appeal, and functionality
• Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or related field
• Technical design experience