Technical Designer, Women's RTW
Our client is a popular luxury brand presenting the latest must-have sportswear. Based in the heart of New York City, their contemporary, high-end, and fashion-forward designs are applauded by the most stylish trendsetters.
As the Technical Designer, you would oversee all aspects of technical design to ensure accuracy of product measurements, quality, construction, and fit.
• Oversee all aspects of technical design for every collection and develop a fit comment document for all garment components, including fit, fabric, construction, stitch, and trim
• Measure garments accurately to identify any fit issues and execute fit comments efficiently to remain on schedule with production
• Participate in fit sessions, provide recommendations, note call-outs, and log critiques to accurately and efficiently address all issues
• Provide grading guidelines to vendors after fit approval to ensure quality consistency and collaborate with internal and external partners
• Approve samples for production after a thorough evaluation of fit, measurement, pattern shaping, hanger appeal, and functionality
• Womenswear design background
• Strong design skills in the women's contemporary sportswear market, ideally with a high-end background
• CAD and technical design knowledge
• Wovens and knits experience
• Excellent CAD ability and able to manage tech packs
• Overseas experience preferred