Our client is a high-end, luxurious and alluring jewelry company. Their passion is to create extraordinary jewels that celebrate every woman’s beauty. From conception to final execution – excellence in quality, design, innovation and craftsmanship is their hallmark. The jewels are sophisticated, feminine and elegant.
In this position, relocation to Texas, you will be a key contributor to the development team who will act as a bridge between the design, product development, production, and merchandising teams. This role will manage across all of our current and future jewelry categories with a main focus on owning new seasonal development and will manage direct report(s) responsible for specific jewelry product categories.
- Provide vendors with and maintain clear and up to date specifications and documentation (technical packets) for respective non-jewelry product category
- Review incoming samples to evaluate for accuracy, aesthetics, functionality, and quality documenting findings
- Create all seasonal product knowledge documentation and guides to provide to Merchandising, Marketing, and Sales teams to aid in preparation for new seasonal launches
- Meet with Retail Operations team to provide and ensure store product knowledge manual is providing store staff comprehensive and easy to understand materials and technique information that can be effortlessly communicated back to customers
- Occasionally visit stores to train and educate staff on all jewelry products
- Support Product Development team in all issues regarding sampling, product specifications, costing, calendar, and sample management
- Support agency, vendors and internal teams with immediate responses, solution oriented ideas and roadblock removal when needed
- 6+ years’ experience in jewelry product/technical development or technical design experience
- 4+ years’ experience partnering with multi-faceted, global vendor manufacturing base
- Minimum 2+ years leading and developing direct report(s)
- Experience with Excel and technical software such as Photoshop, InDesign, PLM, and Matrix CAD
- Advanced experience in creating and communicating product specifications (technical packets)
- Comprehensive understanding of jewelry manufacturing, construction, mechanics, materials and terminology