Technical Writer II
9 month contract
North Reading, MA
Our client is a leading e-commerce company who is looking for a Technical Writer to manage all documentation for the entire department. You will work on training manuals, quality and validation documentation, upkeep of the wiki for the field teams.
Services to be performed:
- Create work instructions for all product lines install in the field
- Self-starter, comfortable operating in new domains
- Manage quality documentation for suppliers to ensure alignment with the check listing process
- Work with cross functional teams within deployment and our 3rd party partners to develop training modules and quizzes in our online portal for tracking certification
- Maintain our internal wiki page with the latest information and make changes as required
- Assist in creating eye charts to map all the documentation with each other
- Be creative to design new standards and formats for the training program and quizzes
- Responsible for department wise communication in regards to new updates to documents and change management by recording and publishing the change in a bulletin form
- Assist the BI team to define success criteria & effectiveness of the learning and development program
- A lot of the role is spent initially talking to the Subject Matter Experts (SME's) which are the deployment execution teams (site teams) to gather data and gather latest information on each of the product lines.
- 70% of time will be spent putting documentation together: training/user manuals/software training/ HTML/Updating Wiki page
- Will be up keeping our internal Wiki page up to date for referencing purposes
- Cross-referencing between documents
- Make sure all product lines have the most accurate information listed.
- Manufacturing background w/understanding of process documentation (Manufacturing processes)
- Good technical writing skills w/creativity to develop their own templates and standards
- Word and basics of HTML, Wiki, training software
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, English, Communications or another technical communication-related field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of manufacturing process documentation
- Knowledge of how to write in wiki / HTML
- Strong work ethic, desire to learn and be challenged, self-driven and motivated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Masters degree
- 10 years of experience in manufacturing environment
24 Seven is a strategic staffing and recruiting firm specializing in marketing, creative and digital talent. We partner with forward-thinking companies and brands to support their evolving talent demands. From freelance, to fulltime, and executive-level searches, we deliver talent that meets our clients’ needs both professionally and culturally with offices in New York, London, Toronto, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Orange County, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, Philadelphia and Atlanta.