6-7 month contract
Our credit union client is seeking a Technical Writer to join their team. The technical writer is responsible for ensuring that the information contained in the company's internal knowledge management tools and systems is relevant, accurate, current, consistent, and focused on usability and enabling performance.
- Create, review, edit and publish content within the company knowledge management systems, ensuring all content maintains the highest levels of accuracy, relevancy and consistency across all delivery channels.
- Maintain content in accordance with the Information Governance Plan and writing and style guides, leading both annual content validations and ad hoc reviews to assess and improve content integrity and usability.
- Use reporting and analytics of end-user interactions with Knowledge Management systems to assist in the development and executing a content management strategy that maximizes user effectiveness and ensures a superior user experience.
- Manage user feedback processes related to Knowledge Management systems and content.
- Consult with business units and other internal customers to maximize the “findability and usability” of their knowledge assets.
- Lead and participate on project and department teams.
- Develop, lead, implement and promote Knowledge Management promotional, education and training materials to ensure the effective use and adoption of Knowledge Management systems.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and other external entities associated with the company knowledge management systems. Participate in vendor/partner strategy sessions, project meetings and content review/improvement activities.
- Build and maintain relationships with business units in order to stay knowledgeable of any initiatives, projects and activities that could affect knowledge management systems content.
- Design, implement and manage content development guidelines that to ensure users have consistent content experiences.
- Participate in testing of department systems, tools and content.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, English, journalism, communications, or related field required, or equivalent work or educational experience.
- Minimum 3 years of technical writing experience in a business environment required.
- Experience with HTML and CSS required.
- Continued education and/or professional certification in knowledge management or technical communications preferred.
- Familiarity with structured writing, industry-standard technical writing conventions and best practices preferred.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and MadCap Flare preferred.
- Excellent technical writing skills required.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to effectively communicate and provide customer service.
24 Seven is an award-winning creative staffing and recruiting firm that connects high caliber talent with leading brands, marketing departments, design firms, ad and interactive agencies. For 15 years, 24 Seven has been providing temporary, temp-to-hire, direct hire and executive search solutions to leading organizations across many industries, including fashion, luxury retail, e-commerce and beauty. We support our clients' evolving talent demands with offices in New York, London, Toronto, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Orange County, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, Philadelphia and Atlanta.