POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
Textile Designer works with Creative Design Team, R& D, Development/Engineering Teams and the Production Group to create proto type and/or graded artwork for Print, Embellishment and Knitted Designs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Responsible for creating Concept and Grading layouts that are in line with Creative Design Intent, Seasonal color/Concept and Merchandising plan target prices
• Creates Embellishment design concepts & repeats using specific elements such as stones, mezzos, TFA, Gallus, Plotter, Flocking, embroidery stitches/techniques, overprinting and heat transfers.
• Creates Knit Design concepts & repeats based on in-house knit machinery requirements and limitations
• Manipulates original print artwork in scale, color and layout.
• Creates print repeats and panel layouts for fabric mills of all adopted print concepts
• Changes and adjusts patterns/artwork to meet price point specifications for specific garments
• Keeps appropriate team members informed of necessary problems that arise with systems and networks
• Conducts research- consistent online and in store research on the latest trends; compile seasonal research report, actively participate and contribute in design discussion.
• 3-5 years’ experience related experience
• Knowledge of patternmaking, grading, graphic arts (Illustrator/Mac based), embellishment applications.
• Has knowledge of production machinery requirements, limitations, and timelines
• AA Degree in industry-related schooling
• Certification, training or relevant course work
• All PC/Mac applications, Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and CAD programs