Our client is looking or an enthusiastic and organized Transportation Coordinator to join their team. As a member of the Transportation team, the Transportation Coordinator acts as a liaison between our facility and third-party vendors and external agencies to ensure our employee transportation programs are managed efficiently and to our high standards. This person will work collaboratively with diverse team members across employee services to develop, evaluate, enhance, and market programs and policies that reduce single-occupancy vehicles trips for both employee commutes. Adept interpersonal and communication skills are essential to this role as is the ability to adapt in a fast-paced work environment.
The ideal candidate will possess the skills below along with an interest in transportation. Programs and projects this team member will be responsible for include but are not limited to:
o Employee transit benefit - Conducting and evaluating surveys, budget forecasting, transit pass distribution and on-going administration. Also includes evaluation of pass delivery models and coordination with Portland-area DTCs.
o Bikeshare - Coordinate multiple vendors and oversee maintenance and rebalancing of campus bike fleet, provide customer service, and liaison with PDX teams.
o Campus umbrella program – Manage inventory, rebalancing, and procurement of umbrellas/bins/signs. Evaluate and enhance delivery model.
o Emergency ride home - Act as point contact for emergency ride home and develop program improvements.
o Infrastructure/services to improve opportunities for biking, walking, and carpool - Work with internal and external partners to develop infrastructure improvements that make walking and biking a preferred mode for campus trips. Work with external partners to improve local resources for biking, walking, and carpooling to campus. Update and improve campus bike parking.
o Fleet Management – Oversees fleet program vendor for Workplace Design + Connectivity vehicles. Includes review of invoices and approval of maintenance requests.
o Participation on campus Safety Committee.
o Cross-train in other campus transportation programs, including campus shuttle and taxi, specialty parking, and electric vehicle charging. Formal program responsibilities of each team member may shift based on interests and aptitude.
- Bachelor degree required (preferred)
- Valid driver license with a clean driving record (Class C)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Project management, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Vendor management experience, including budget forecasting and PO/invoice management
- Experience with data collection, data analysis and survey administration
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability, and responsibility
- Intermediate computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge of and/or strong interest in transportation, especially transportation demand management and employer-based transportation services
- Knowledge of bicycle, pedestrian, and transit design standards
- Design skills (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite)