Trend and Concept Designer
Our client is an iconic American men’s, women’s and children’s fashion brand that are dedicated to bringing fun, classic, high-quality clothing to its customers. The company is all about the people – employees included – and takes pride in giving back and doing what’s best for its teams, its customers and their communities. The company is all about creating a work environment that is conducive to creativity & getting things done. Their cool, modern offices and warm and inviting company culture are just 2 examples of how they achieve that.
In this role you will define big deal/volume driving trends that will positively impact the bottom line and enhance design integrity for the brand and its cross-functional patners.
• Conduct research for trend direction by utilizing and analyzing the offerings of trend forecasting companies, fashion publications, fashion sites/blogs, and trade shows, and through street reports from trend-forward cities, domestic and abroad
• Seek out global trends and under-the-radar cultural influences through store research and market/consumer research
• Investigate category-specific research for detailed analysis on areas of concern (silhouette, fabric, color, & fit analysis in addition to competitor comparison) when needed
• Track seasonal runway reports, analyze trends, and analyze how what's happening in ready-to-wear will impact the brand/ your categories
• Utilize frequent communication with editorial and retail contacts to determine emerging, trend-forward developments in the fashion business
• Create seasonal documents that capture “Trend Funnel” direction and “Kick-Off” road maps
• Create presentation boards/room set-ups for “Kick Off” meetings
- Must be skilled and fast in Illustrator