User Experience Designer
Our client in the activewear industry seeks a UX Designer for a 3 month contract that is likely to extend and could convert to a fulltime role.
USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER
Digital Product Creation (DPC) delivers a competitive advantage by fueling product innovation and craft through premium maker experiences. To accomplish this, we leverage the power of modern technologies, skillsets and tools. We are looking for a User Experience Designer with 3 – 5 years of experience in interaction design, experience design, and visual design. A BA/BS degree in Experience Deisgn, Interaction Design, or related field is a nice-to-have. This user experience designer must be adept in developing UI/UX design concepts, wireframes, and mock-ups, and skilled at producing detailed design (inclusive of asset production, error states, etc) for hand-off and collaboration with DPC’s software engineering team. Above all, we are looking for a user experience designer with an aptitude and interest in creating cutting edge experiences that advances Digital Product Creation internally and serves the consumer. Ability to work well with others, a good attitude, and flexibility is a must.
RESPONSIBILITIES – OVERALL
• Create innovative experiences focusing on functionality, usability, and intuitive interactions
o Articulate UI requirements using static, prototype, and motion deliverables; adept in developing UI/UX concepts, wireframes, detailed annotations, and mock-ups
o Ability to execute detailed design, including error states. Exceptional attention to detail; able to deliver polished, organized, and clean design files for use in software development.
o Create UI comps and components that align with UX wireframes and requirements using static, prototype, and motion deliverables
• Fluent in current design software (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Invision)
• Contribute to, maintain, and help evolve the design system and product design language (UI components and patterns, iconography, illustration assets, etc)
FUNCTION WITHIN A TEAM ENVIRONMENT
• Ability to work in an independent fashion, solve problems, make decisions, and communicate effectively in difficult situations.
• Present work to cross-functional stakeholders and articulate design rationale
• Handle projects from concept to completion
• Partner with Software Engineering and Quality Assurance to bring experiences to life
o Partner with Software developers to ensure quality of the experience, including but not limited to visual and interactive QA prior to story completion
o Comfortable working in an agile environment, including working in JIRA to track work / status etc. with development
• Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
• 3 – 5 years work experience or equivalent degree
• Strong knowledge of current design trends for web applications, coupled with an exceptional digital portfolio of past work or projects
• Strong understanding of UI/UX paradigms, design standards, and best practices
• Strong, clean visual sense; advocate for simple, modern deisgn and adherence to design conventions and best practices (e.g. responsive)
• Passion for quality work with an understanding of how to prioritize and at times make trade-offs, and communicate that rationale to engineers and leadership alike
• Ability to present and articulate design decisions, based on your knowledge of visual design, interaction patterns, best practices and design trends
• Ability to consistently deliver polished and professional UI design
• Ability to identify opportunities for applying new methods and concepts to user and organizational challenges
NICE TO HAVE
• Experience or education in 3D modeling, rendering, or animation
• Professional experience in web applications or enterprise software is a plus
• A solid understanding of what types of product design and engineering experiences are made possible by current technologies
We're interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply online.