Digital Marketing Jobs
UX Designer - Freelance
Our client, a tech start up is looking for a UX Designer with Industrial Design experience. This is an offsite freelance role for about 5 months with potential to extend. You must reside in the US; LA area preferred but not required.
In this role, you’ll be defining and designing important components that bring together hardware and software, from onboarding to motivational training and community building. You will collaborate with fellow UX Designers, Industrial Designers, Hardware Developers, Product Managers, Game Designers, and Game Developers to tackle challenges unique to a fitness-driven game that crosses multiple platforms. You’ll have an organized approach to bringing well thought through experiences to life, prioritizing research and data, in conjunction with development capabilities. If you’ve got a penchant for running, cycling, triathlons, or other forms of fitness, that’s a huge plus!
What you’ll do
• Design and create workflows, wireframes, prototypes, and sketches to communicate concepts that bridge hardware and software experiences
• Drive research initiatives to get to the bottom of a perceived need or proposed feature
• Collaborate with User Experience, Industrial Design, Hardware, and Game Designers to strategize and define key product or feature specifications
• Help imagine and define the hardware+software user journey while keeping our goals and our users’ goals in mind
What you’ll bring
• Outstanding portfolio of examples or case studies that demonstrate your critical thinking skills when marrying hardware and software experiences
• 3+ years of UX Design and/or Industrial Design experience focused on physical/digital interactions (game and or fitness industry-focused experience is a plus)
• Solid understanding of user-centered design, research and testing
• Working knowledge of design tools, such as Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Experience with prototyping tools, such as Invision or Principle
• Comfortable both providing and receiving objective feedback, and eager to problem solve collaboratively
• Proven ability to prioritize project tasks and raise questions when ambiguity arises
• Enthusiasm in joining a fun, energetic team with a variety of personalities
Send your portfolio today!