Development Tech Jobs
Our client, an iconic gaming company creating some of the best games on the market, is looking for a VFX Artist to join their team!
VFX Artist Responsibilities:
- Craft VFX for the game, including environments, abilities, combat, and cinematic VFX.
- Research and provide creative input to inform and develop VFX solutions.
- Work with the design, environment, and writing teams to support gameplay and story while upholding established art style.
- Work with art leadership and peers to support the game vision, provide/receive feedback, and improve by participating in regular team events such as reviews and scrums, with the goal of creating high-quality VFX.
VFX Artist Qualifications:
- 3+ years of industry experience in VFX on games or related interactive work.
- Familiarity with real-time VFX using particle systems, sprites, and 3D meshes.
- Good command of animation principles and timing.
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D art packages for VFX creation (including experience creating optimized 3D models and textures), game engine workflows for VFX, and revision control systems. Photoshop and 3ds Max preferred . Maya, Houdini, FumeFX, or other dynamic simulation experience a plus .
- Proficiency with open-world gameplay constraints and using visual language to support rewarding player experiences.