Vice President, Digital & Technology
*Relocation to Dubai provided*
Ourclient is a renowned international company specializing in the operations ofbusinesses spanning across various sectors, including luxury and lifestyleretail and cosmetics distribution. Their innovative, dynamic, and revolutionaryapproach transforms a diverse portfolio of well-known brands.
In this position, youwould be responsible for developing and implementing highly innovativearchitecture and technology strategy. You would be responsible for building andsupporting high performance and high traffic digital commerce verticals inrelevant channels, such as web, mobile, and social.
• Direct the developmentand execution of technology strategy and oversee software engineering,including web and mobile development, QA, and front end; manage technicaloperations, such as network engineering, system and database administration,and information security and monitoring teams
• Manage the vision, objectives,and implementation for the technical architecture, code quality, performance,security and scalability of digital commerce verticals; direct the technologyand engineering road map and plan, communicate, and execute the releases
• Lead digital commerce teamsand inspire a passion for user interaction, interface design, web sitedevelopment, social media, mobile integration, and emerging technologies
• Liaise with business, product,and marketing teams to resolve cross organizational challenges, including conversionimprovement, page performance on mobile and desktop browsers, and fasterdeployment cycle and improved quality
• Partner with variouscross-functional teams, including marketing, analytics, and product to alignthe digital commerce strategy with target audience and client needs, brandpositioning, revenue goals, and team resources.
• Direct the innovative development of newtechnologies and practices for software development; supervise continuousimprovement for development talents, products, and company methodologies
• Bachelor’s degree in computerscience, engineering, or related field
• 10+ years’ experience inbuilding complex, large scale internet based systems
• Extensive software engineering development anddesign experience with complex and highly scalable products using multipletechnologies and languages