Vice President of Global Sales
The Vice President of Global Sales will be expected to inspire, lead and grow a sales organization for the global wholesale business with significant focus on leading the development and implementation of a global Go-To-Market plan. The position is a key member of the executive team and contributor to the overall growth and success of the company.
The Vice President of Global Sales will have worked for a rapidly growing organization with global sales and world-class sales leadership. He/she will be a strategic leader with strong business acumen who thinks about the big picture and can build a scalable sales strategy while leading a high performing team. The ideal candidate will be known for his/her communication and influencing skills and ideally will have strong relations in the active/lifestyle/outdoor space. He/she will bring best-in-class experience in sales management with an international perspective.
He/she will be a goal-oriented, results-driven individual while also being grounded, authentic, and humble with strong passion for the outdoors and an active lifestyle.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop a clear sales growth vision and strategy that is focused, disciplined and aligned with the company goals
- Lead the wholesale sales organization globally
- Develop and implement a strong business strategy and organizational structure to grow the brand through multiple channels, including specialty outdoor, spa/resort, contemporary retail stores, sporting goods stores and major retail chains across different geographic regions including U.S., Canada, Europe, South/Central America, Asia and the Middle East
- Identify and direct the organization to pursue high priority sales targets and to address channel and customer needs and opportunities
- Develop and manage key performance measures for all members of the sales organization, including setting specific compensation incentives for the sales team
- Exhibit teamwork and communication to obtain and provide market feedback, product planning and competitive insights and other relevant information
- Commit to teamwork and communication with internal organization including active participation with executives on setting company strategy and direction as well as reporting on progress and receiving feedback
- Provide the hiring and training guidelines and programs to strengthen the sales organization in terms of general business skills and channel expertise
- Build enthusiasm with the sales team to grow the skill base of the individuals and generate a “can do” spirit towards growth
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field highly preferred (e.g. Marketing, Business)
- Minimum of 10 years of senior sales management experience with significant experience working within and among the executive level
- Successful experience in a fast paced, growing and less structured company environment
- Established, proven relationship with Outdoor Specialty, Sporting Goods and Department Store retailers
- Ability to drive innovative channel and category development across multiple channels and geographies in an omni-channel environment
- P&L management experience
- Successful track record building, managing, developing and retaining teams
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Proficient with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the sales field
- Proficient with MS Office
- The ability to speak languages other than English (within locations applicable to scope of work) helpful but not required
Job involves frequent international/domestic travel (up to 50%), interruptions, occasional overtime, some evening and weekend meetings, and extensive computer work. Job may require hours that often exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week to complete priority projects.