Visual Designer - Sunnyvale
Our client, a leading ecommerce company, is looking for a contract Visual Designer. This role is onsite in Sunnyvale, CA. Please only apply if you can work onsite in Sunnyvale.
Profile: You’ve created business and consumer product experiences for different channels and platforms, often working with senior UX leaders and managers to complete these projects. You can work without close supervision but you seek out and welcome feedback from senior UX leaders.
Job Responsibilities Include:
• Strong tendency towards visual thinking – using techniques like mood boards, storyboards and sketching – to communicate interaction design concepts.
• Strong understanding of design theory and concepts to create effective visual communication with hierarchy and balance (E.g. Typography, color, space, contrast)
• Ability to create Visual design specifications document from wireframes
• The ability to work with design templates and patterns to create and maintain a scalable and consistent web site.
• Familiarity with process flows, site maps, wireframes, screen prototypes, and functional specifications.
• Ability to manage your time and deadlines, as well as the ability to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business.
• Constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
• Capability to adhere to team processes and standards, while contributing ideas for improvement.
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing a consistently high level of attention to detail.
• Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
• Experience with business requirement gathering, site assessment, competitive analysis, and secondary research.
• Inclusive design philosophy with a strong editorial sense. You gather feedback judiciously, but know when to adjust your designs and when to follow your initial vision.
• Bachelor's Degree in design or other related field or its equivalent is preferred
• 2-4 years of experience in a relevant field