Visual Merchandiser - freelance
Our client is looking for a talented Sr. Visual Merchandiser to join their team. This an ongoing freelance position that starts as soon as next week.
The Senior Designer is responsible for:
- Creating visual merchandising strategies for various accounts
- Translating key brand elements to create visually compelling environments at point of purchase. This includes the translation of brand DNA into dimensional form language for permanent fix.
- Turing in multiple channels of trade.
- The designer will research relevant design trends and assess the competitive landscape.
- Presentation skills are utilized to support concepts and execution with design rationale that tie into brand standards and a creative brief.
- Explore and deliver concepts for visual merchandising.
- Evaluate and streamline current visual merchandising with emphasis on consistency and alignment with brand standards.
- Create graphic communication systems and subsequently, Style Guides/Guidelines, for Visual Merchandising to be used by all markets. Graphic communications include, but are not limited to headers, graphic panels, bullnose strips, and hot spot graphics.
- Present design concepts in a clear and concise manner. Iterate on designs based on direction and feedback from Design Director or Creative Director.
- Collaborate and brainstorm with marketing, sales strategists, structural engineers and other members of the creative team to ensure the work meets all relevant requirements.
- Direct, coordinate and review work from third party vendors.
- Consistently meet project deadlines and maintain a high level of work while managing multiple projects. Create artwork production mechanicals with meticulous attention to detail.
- Contribute towards optimizing design workflow and creative process.
- Create renderings of planograms and promotional displays for various accounts.Travel for key meetings.
- Perform additional graphic design tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- 7+ years’ experience as a designer across a variety of practices in graphic design with a concentration in package design, collateral and POP displays.
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of design principles, emphasizing the use of typography and photography in layout.
- Extensive experience across all phases of design from concept development, design and production.
- Ability to read and comprehend die lines and Live & Trims.
- Basic rendering skills (Illustrator drawings).
- Awareness of instore environments, packaging, fashion/beauty and lifestyle trends.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in fast paced and highly demanding environment.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (emphasis on Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop) Working knowledge of MS Office including Word and PowerPoint.
Send your resume and portfolio to apply today!
"24 Seven and its clients will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance."