VP, Apparel Design | Sports Apparel | Full-time | Philadelphia, PA
Our client is a leading specialty retailer creating the latest apparel and accessories.
In this position, you would be responsible for leading the global product strategy and seasonal vision for apparel, headwear, and accessories.
*MUST have heavy design AND sports apparel background
• Manage the global product strategy and seasonal vision for apparel, headwear, and accessories and work with design and development teams for execution
• Oversee objectives, policies, budgets, and operating plans and direct the implementation and achievement for all branded and licensed products
• Direct daily operations of the headwear team, including design, development, product marketing, operations, quality control, and sourcing
• Lead product management to deliver quality products to create demand in the marketplace and work with the Senior Director of Apparel Product to manage the apparel department’s budget
• Collaborate with the CEO and strategic business partners to plan, establish, and open new channels of business
• Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred
• 15+ years’ product design and development experience -- MUST have heavy design AND sports apparel background
• 10+ years’ senior management experience
• Strong understanding of product development, manufacturing, and retail process
• Sporting goods retail experience preferred