VP/Director of Planning
Our client is a well-known fashion and lifestyle brand offering the latest accessories and apparel must-haves. Their on-trend, high-end, and curated selection features top brands and emerging designers to suit every individual and every style.
In this position, you would be responsible for growing the sales volume and profit for all categories of merchandise and business channels through strategic inventory management.
• Manage and evaluate sales data, present key insights and findings, conduct in-depth analysis based on historical performance, discounts, carry-over stock, and product attributes
• Direct comprehensive seasonal, quarterly, and annual plans aligned with the company’s business objectives and strategy
• Maximize sales, margins, and turns to drive the growth of sales and profit for all categories in partnership with Buyers and Store Managers
• Implement seasonal and annual strategies by category and vendor and execute merchandise plan mix pre-season and in-season
• Oversee the open-to-buy budget and estimates of sales trends focusing on sell-through, comparable sales, stock coverage, leftovers, and conversion rates
• Recommend opportunities to increase sales, improve margins, optimize inventories, and decrease markdowns
• Bachelor’s degree in business, statistics, mathematics, or fashion merchandising; MBA preferred
• 3+ years’ merchandise planning experience within a retail and e-commerce company
• Proven track record of merchandising multi-category, large SKU product lines and ability to grow revenue and improve profitability
• Ability to synthesize sales data, customer insights, competitive and market trends, and market data into merchandising strategies