VP of Account Management/Sales
Trailblazer in the beauty business is looking to bring on a collaborative, experienced, passionate and creative individual for a newly created position as VP of Account Management!
The VP of Account Management will direct and lead the development, and sales performance of the company's sales channels overseeing National Accounts and Account & Sales Planning.
The VP, Account Management will craft annual sales plan to align with brand strategy and will make strategic decisions on activities customized to each unique channel with goal to measure ahead of retailer performance.
Using expertise, deep knowledge and strategic planning capabilities within Speciality-Multi channel, this role will be heavily focused on front end strategic work and development in product, placement, samples and marketing, collaborating and influencing retailer decisions at the most senior levels. The VP will guide and develop a team of seasoned professionals in national accounts and account & sales planning and will work closely with Global and North America teams.
- Drive consumer and brand growth strategically and operationally. Create Channel Strategy within US to include all retailer brick and mortar and retailer.com. Ensure strategy alignment within US. Exceptional strategy execution and integrated approach across all key functional areas for goal attainment.
- Leverage deep understanding of retailer dynamics (e.g., account dynamics and competitors’ actions) and local market nuances (i.e., localization needs) to identify where to play, how to win, white space opportunities and competitive threats.
- Review full brand calendar of activities in accounts and in .com to ensure support across priority categories in both new innovation and commercialization; ensure activities will support sales goals and are coordinated across accounts.
- Lead seasonal market meetings and innovation meetings.
- Lead commercial negotiations for US to drive overall brand vision.
- Full channel P&L management. Direct responsibility for Sales, returns and NOP targets.
- Ensure monthly and quarterly control. Review monthly achievements and adjust as necessary.
- Determine ways for financial improvement and efficiency.
- Ensure proper expense allocation by channel and key business drivers.
- Develop the annual budget and monitor it in conjunction with finance.
- Direct management of Account and Sales Planning organization.
- Work w/Head of Account & Sales Planning to deliver retailer inventory objectives and determine account level allocations (gift/promo, set/holiday, launch and collateral) for B&M and .com with input from Account Leads.
- Ensure alignment of demand plan vs. financial plan.
- Ensure appropriate inventory levels/ mix within Channels.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual achievement of net shipment targets.
- Manage and develop a team of National Account, Retailer.com and Account & Sales Planning Leads.
- Responsible for performance management and development review of direct and matrix reports along with succession and talent planning of team.
Skills & Experience Needed:
- 15+ years sales experience within the consumer products industry
- Specialty- Multi Retail Channel Experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA preferred
- Exceptional people development and leadership skills
- Extensive business acumen and financial ability (i.e., P&L management, business drivers, building new channels/growth, savvy with standard business analyses) and analytical thinking
- Solid understanding of primary levers and components to successful account management
- Expertise to translate shopper insights and unique retailer strategies into key action steps. Must possess strong collaboration and influencing skills in order to translate strategic objectives into sales-driving action
- Strategic thinking capabilities able to lay out a cohesive and clearly articulated strategy to drive the global brand
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Able to travel up to 50%