Web Project Manager opportunity in San Carlos, CA
My client in San Carlos has a need for a Web Project Manager. This is a 6 month contract that should get extended.
Web Project Manager
Location: San Carlos
Duration: 6 month full-time contract that should get extended
- Establishes Web project scope by studying strategic business drivers; discovering and validating business and technical requirements and parameters; obtaining input from subject-matter experts; examining and recommending changes to current business practices; developing and writing proposals.
- Develops Web solution by formulating objectives; planning project life-cycle deliverables and resource availability and application; preparing installation and modification specifications; leading the exploration, evaluation, and design of technical solutions.
- Implements Web solution by monitoring project progress; tracking action items; conducting design and implementation reviews; examining, researching, and resolving issues; escalating issues to appropriate authority; responding to team members' concerns; coordinating requirements with interested departments.
- Assures quality Web solution by developing and completing test plans; maintaining project and technical documentation.
- Accomplishes work requirements by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching employees; following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying work process improvements.
- Meets cost standards by monitoring expenses; implementing cost-saving actions. Provides project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking technology and project management advances; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Web Project Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Good written and verbal communication capabilities
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organizational, prioritization, decision making, and conflict resolution skills
- A solid understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations, and run team meetings
- An ability to anticipate issues, identify future choke points, and work ahead to time to alleviate potential issues
- Proven mentoring and team building skills
- An ability to manage many projects simultaneously Great attention to detail and be highly organized
- Thorough background/understanding of various agile development methodologies (ScrumMaster Certified, a plus)
- PMP Certified, a plus
- Basic HTML, PHP, CSS, and jQuery coding experience
- Website development experience, CMS software/AEM, SEO, A/B Testing and website optimization Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office products desirable for writing project specifications and development agreements
- Experience working with Photoshop and other Adobe products
- Experience working with various project management and wireframing software
- At least 2 years of web project management and have worked on site lunch or redesign project.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with project and task management tools - specific familiarity Smartsheet and/or JIRA, basecamp a plus.
- Technical understanding of web technologies as well as front & back end development processes and requirements
- Experience driving user-centric information architecture and web experiences Experience managing web and/or software development teams
- Experience and understanding of web and marketing automation tools and processes, (i.e., Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Optimizely, etc.)