Women's Activewear Designer
Leading Orange County Apparel brand is currently looking for an Women's Apparel Designer to join their Activewear team!
- Excellent MAC based working knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop, as well as the talent and ability to perform free hand drawings.
- Excellent understanding of fit and balance.
- Cut and sew woven’s and knit design experience.
- Must be creative as well as technical in fabric development.
- Experience with surf industry and lifestyle categories is a must.
- Strong knowledge of the design process including trend, forecast, color, fabric, styling, construction and fit.
- Working knowledge of garment construction.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Flat sketching the ability to spec a requisite.
- Possess thorough knowledge of apparel design and development with technical attributes of performance; product materials and production techniques also specific to active apparel.
- Possess knowledge of merchandising procedures.
- You will effectively communicate and present design concepts to various internal and external audiences.
- Work with the team to create and deliver powerful presentations.
- Partner with management and category team members in our Design, Development and Merchandising groups.
- You will initiate and interpret new product concepts to meet the needs of our customers, resulting in sales and growth for the company.
- This opportunity involves working closely with internal and external resources to implement designs and maintain a strong knowledge of current trends, color, technology and the competitor landscape.
- Domestic and international travel is required.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent specializing in apparel design, fabric arts, or related field. Associate’s degree with 3-5 years related work experience acceptable in lieu of bachelor’s degree.
- 3 or more years garment design/development experience in the apparel industry.
- Experience with outdoor industry and apparel category.
- Thorough knowledge of apparel design and development with technical attributes of performance; product materials and production techniques also specific to active apparel.
- Knowledge of merchandising procedures.
- Knowledge of computer design software, Adobe and Illustrator, as well as the talent and ability to perform free hand drawings.