Women's Apparel Designer
The Designer is responsible for designing and creating jackets and pants in women’s apparel that are leading in design, innovation, function and quality, while also being reflective of the company's design philosophy and standards. This position works directly with the Design Director presenting preliminary design research, competitive understanding, final design concepts, fabric and trim recommendations. This is a highly visible position that will make presentation boards for meetings, create color CAD's while maintaining the design T&A process and line management.
1. Must have woven jacket (outerwear, structured blazers, kimonos) and pants experience in women’s apparel that meet the company's aesthetic and quality standards. Embroidery experience highly preferred!
2. Research seasonal trends, themes, colors, raw materials, styling and trims
3. Work with product development team partners to maintain design integrity while adhering to margin requirements
4. Design to meet the "Assortment Plan" requirements
5. Create sketches in Illustrator, must be advanced in Photoshop
6. Supply all needed information for package development to hand over to the product development team
7. Manage communications with product development in a timely manner
8. Create embroidery and CAD layout
9. Build collaborative relationships with merchandising partners and cross functional areas
Required Education and Experience:
1. BA in Fashion Apparel Design
2. Minimum of 5 years industry experience in women's apparel
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a freelance/40 hours a week remote role.