Women's Sweater Designer
Our client is is an apparel industry leader offering women wardrobe solutions for their wear-to-work and casual dressing needs. We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced apparel Sweater Designer.
- Contribute to design research, design and development of women's sweaters
- Design original garments with consideration for price parameters
- Research fabrics relevant to the line in terms of look and price
- Perform the tasks necessary to execute the design process.
- Design, sketch and create tech packs for every style to include all technical information clearly detailed so the factories can make prototypes.
- Communicate with the factories to make sure all information is clearly understood and that the prototypes will be made by the deadline.
- Follow weekly/ monthly sales reports to determine successful category to be exploited and evolved
- Interpret trends to create original designs/ be aware of market conditions and trends
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have minimum of five to eight years of professional experience in sweaters design
- Must be knowledgeable regarding garment construction.
- Must be knowledgeable regarding trim sourcing , development and manufacturing
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Excel, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Must be able to sketch in Adobe Illustrator
- Excellent follow up skills and ability to meet deadlines