Women's Apparel Designer
Leading Lifestyle brand is currently looking for a Women's Apparel Designer to join their team for an immediate contract position!
- Responsible for market research, creating seasonal inspiration boards, designs, tech pack creation and fit.
- Responsible for all design details from rough sketches to completion of tech packs.
- Responsible for material selection, color details, and styling details.
- Responsible for knowledge of cost components and ability to design products that hit margin targets.
- Create computer design; sketches, graphics, print artwork, multiple colorways and storyboards.
- Create visual presentations and follow up with all design details.
- Responsible for presentation of designs at line reviews and product launch.
- Oversee the fitting of garments and review product details to ensure product execution meets the design aesthetic as well as commercially acceptable quality standards.
- Review details on prototypes with developer and merchandiser. Share responsibility with development and merchandiser for final product result.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills through cooperating with cross –functional team members and remain focused.
- Adhere to all calendar dates
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 6-8
- Associate/Bachelor Degree in related field preferred
- Pattern rendering experience is a plus
- Multimedia experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of design techniques and processes
- Excellent sense of style and color
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in computer design programs, (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign)
- Knowledge of fit, fabric and color.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead, coach and develop staff to improve performance and achieve professional goals
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees and others with whom the company conducts business
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, procedures and other business practices, guidelines and documents