Writer (Card Games)
Writer (Card Games)
Initial 9-month contract
Write art briefs for illustrations that will appear on cards and other expressions of the game. This candidate must have experience as a professional writer, preferably in a visually related field, such as comics. This candidate must have knowledge of card games and be able to translate the mechanics of the game into innovative and dynamic imagery. This candidate must have good personal skills and be able to coordinate information with multiple teams of designers and art directors. This candidate must be a prolific writer who is able to craft 75+ art briefs a week with a high attention to detail and excellence.
• Write 75+ art briefs a week
• Provide appropriate feedback to art directors about illustrations, including continuity concerns for character and lore
• Coordinate with designers, IP Team, and Product Architecture to ensure goals for card set are represented
• Participate in worldbuilding and playtesting to foster communication between groups and make sure card set is aligned with each team’s needs
• Be able to work in a noisy office environment
• Professional writing experience, particularly in a visually-related field such as comics writing or screenwriting
• Deep love and knowledge of games, intellectual vigor, exceptional creativity, and ability to advocate opinions while building consensus.
• At least two years of professional writing experience
• High level writing skills.
• Ability to work well on teams and interact with other departments.
24 Seven is a strategic staffing and recruiting firm specializing in marketing, creative and digital talent. We partner with forward-thinking companies and brands to support their evolving talent demands. From freelance, to fulltime, and executive-level searches, we deliver talent that meets our clients’ needs both professionally and culturally with offices in New York, London, Toronto, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Orange County, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, Philadelphia and Atlanta.