Job descriptionTiming: Start late April / early May
Duration: Ongoing full-time
Hours per week: 40+ (M-F / 8:30am-4:30pm MT)
Location: Fully remote
Salary: $50-70K DOE (+ potential performance bonus)
One of our corporate benefits consulting clients whose mission is to help companies provide their employees better benefits at lower costs is looking for an Account Manager to join their small team for an all-new position supporting a portfolio of clients across the southwest.
This Account Manager will ensure exceptional client service by actively managing accounts, collaborating with internal/external team members/carriers/partners, and utilizing resources and tools to create effective client deliverables. The Account Manager will be responsible for management, oversight, and ongoing administration of assigned client accounts/carriers/vendors, and will facilitate the client life cycle on an annual basis.
The Account Manager should be knowledgeable in group benefit plans and have strong communication skills, the ability to solve problems, manage projects while adhering to timelines, be a self-starter and highly motivated by displaying initiative and resourcefulness, and work well in a team setting.
Ideal Account Manager candidates must have:
- At least 2+ years of employee benefits experience
- Candidates must hold Life & Health insurance license (ideally AZ or CO)
- Willingness to be proactive and participate in continuing education classes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal instruction, attention to detail, and ability to self-check own work
- Ability to set priorities and manage workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate deliverables.
- Ability to manage and negotiate multiple priorities and deadlines
- Collaborative team player and able to maintain a positive and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Growth mindset and eager to stay on top of evolving industry knowledge, new product information, legislation, coverage, and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully, and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong functional knowledge of Excel specific to creating, formatting, and evaluating formulas and working within templates.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other MS Office products along with Adobe products
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of Employee Benefits Account Management experience
- Basic understanding of B2B marketing principles and ability to support brand building efforts, marketing tactics, etc. as needed
- Manage a designated book of business and the client service lifecycle of strategy, compliance, marketing, claims, and administration
- Assist consultants in the sales process to obtain new clients
- Respond to client inquiries and maintain documentation of client communications, existing issues, and issue resolutions
- Support implementation or transition of new/existing lines of coverage by setting up account, collecting documentation, and reviewing plan details with client and vendor
- Attend client or prospect meetings and assume responsibility for presenting service plans, new and renewal placement timelines, and market expectations
- Manage client renewals and negotiate terms/conditions with carriers on behalf of clients.
- Serve as primary contact between clients and insurance carriers, and provide best-in-class service to retain clients
- Gather and compile employee benefits information from clients.
- Request and collect quotes (new and renewal) from carriers
- Facilitate quotes, amendments, and reinstatements for requested changes as needed
- Create collateral and presentation materials for client meetings
- Create employee-facing communication materials for open enrollment and client employee education needs
- Provide benefits administration support to client HR teams
- Analyze quotes from carriers to determine appropriate client recommendations
- Assist the marketing process by: Coordinating market and program direction from Team Lead and pre-screen risk with underwriters, preparing narrative including market expectations, reviewing submissions for quality and completeness before GTM, and reviewing quotations for accuracy.
- Enhance proposals by including: Premium and exposure summary, Loss Ratio and Coverage Analysis, YoY premium and rate history
- Prepare and maintain a customized service plan ensuring all items are completed on time
- Ensure client onboarding and renewal experience is as smooth as possible
- Communicate compliance/regulations to educate clients.
- Monitors CRM system to ensure data integrity
- Assess and interpret benefit claims experience for clients
*Fully remote, but must be located in AZ or CO
**Medical, dental, vision benefits included
***WFH office setup will be provided including computer, monitors, desk, company phone, etc.
****Criminal background check required