Our client is a New York-based fashion retailer that combines elements of traditional streetwear, sport, and high-trend design.
This role is an on-site, full-time position. Our client is looking for a mid-level leader to oversee Product Development & Production by executing the creation of new apparel products while ensuring production is managed both domestically and internationally.
- Lead the product development process working alongside and reporting into the Creative Director.
- Provide resources on fabric vendors, trim vendors, and factory management to ensure product development meets the design intent.
- Review prototypes for quality, brand aesthetic, and design intent that meets minimum order quantities and follows line plan.
- Meet product development milestones and calendar due dates with pre-production tracking and reporting (prototype, color, sample yardage, testing, etc.)
- Set up and manage appointments with vendors and tradeshows.
- Oversee and manage total product calendar and work cross-functionally to ensure deadlines are met.
- Work closely with Director of Operations on costing to meet product margin goals and find solutions on ways to increase margin when needed.
- Build key branding elements with trims to elevate and provide consistency across the assortment.
- Build plan and operational process to manage production both domestically and internationally.
- Develop products that are engineered to cost standards.
- Negotiate with vendors through product lifecycle i.e. costing, time and action, minimums, etc.
- Manage factory leads to ensure product is delivered on time and to brand standards.
- Create, revise and manage tech packs and prototypes through accurate and timely PLM system updates.
- Lead production for both DTC and wholesale.
- Oversee and manage logistics for wholesale to ensure vendor guidelines are met.
- Work closely with operational lead for wholesale and DTC on delivery logistics and timeline.
- Provide margin opportunities for fabric development and factory placement.
- Ensure short-lead time calendars are met to meet company business model and sustainability goals.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years' experience in product development, design or production in garment manufacturing.
- Knowledge of raw materials and garment construction.
- Experience working with domestic and international manufacturers.
- Strong problem-solving and negotiating skills
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal, multi-task, and prioritization skills
- Ability to demonstrate capabilities through a costing exercise
- Proficiency in Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and Product Lifecycle Management
- 100k - 150k DOE