Assistant Designer, Boys Apparel
Client Overview: Our client specializes in apparel for men’s, women’s & children and delivers wear-now, comfortable, seasonless fashion with innovative fabric and cool design techniques that stay on-trend.
Position Overview: As the Assistant Designer, you will support the Design Director with all aspects of design including creating CADs, tech pack creation, and seeing samples through from Proto to TOP.
Assistant Designer Responsibilities:
• Work closely with Designers at start of the season to comp shop and prepare trend presentations
• Ability to create detailed product tech packs for sampling and production
• Ability to create front and back technical sketches
• Ability to create cads, prints and graphics presentation boards for line reviews.
• Experience setting up production ready artwork files for placement graphics and all over prints a plus
• Work with the production team to ensure accurate comments are made on lab dips, strike-offs, trims and final production samples
Assistant Designer Qualifications:
• 1-3 years of relevant experience
• Be proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop on a Mac platform
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Have excellent communication skills
• Be able to work in a collaborative environment and meet tight deadlines.
Working 5 days per week at the New York office is a requirement.