Job descriptionAssistant Technical Designer
Our client is looking for an Assistant Technical Designer to add to their team! The Assistant Technical Designer will report into the Technical Design Manager, which then reports into the Creative Director.
This role is fulltime, 5 days/week in Santa Monica, CA.
- Evaluate samples for fabric, measurement, and construction accuracy following company fit, grading, construction, quality, and tolerance standards.
- Take detailed notes called out by the team during fittings.
- Update tech packs with technical sketches, construction detail call-outs, and point of measurement specifications.
- Track and receive samples from vendors.
- Keep production charts up to date with relevant style status information for each season.
- Organize and file fit samples
- Work closely with design, merchandising, production, and the vendor to ensure the accuracy of each style is being executed.
- BS/BA Fashion Design & Product Development or relevant field.
- Industry experience or internship in technical design a huge plus.
- Basic level understanding of import apparel development and production desired.
- Experience with activewear and other knitwear categories preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivated and able to quickly adapt to unique situations.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Outlook.
- Experience working in PLM systems a plus.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal applications.