Job descriptionNEEDS TO BE LOCAL AND WORK ONSITE MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY
4 month long contract with potential to be extended but not super likely
This position assists the Product Merchandiser in developing seasonal assortment plans based on the needs of the business, supported by an intimate understanding of our customer, and solid knowledge of the competitive marketplace. The MAPM collaborates directly with cross functional teams to execute product strategies according to seasonal timelines.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Assist in developing seasonal line plans.
- Responsible for day to day maintenance and updates.
- Prepare business review of prior year season.
- Assist in developing seasonal strategy and product brief.
- Research and provide competitive analysis to inform seasonal pricing strategies by classification.
- Research and report on current industry and consumer trends.
- Track and manage development milestones against seasonal calendars
- Manage on-going business sales analysis according to established protocols and KPI’s.
- Assist in creating and maintaining initial internal (wool) and outside fabric plans Serve as merchandising lead for DTC and Trade SMU programs, including Graphic T’s / Printables.
- Manage sample lines, coordinating with Planning and Marketing to support timing of seasonal photo shoots.
- Provide merchandising direction for Marketing creative production teams to for pricelist and look books, and provide styling direction for fashion photo shoots.
- Develop and maintain seasonal merchandising preview book used for communication and cross reference.
- Coordinate with Marketing on development of new special labeling, tags and packaging.
- Notify Planning with updates for Black Book .
- Assist in preparing and conducting sales meeting line presentations, workshops and seasonal showroom reviews.
- Participate in fit sessions, sketch reviews and handovers.
- Support Senior Product Merchandiser as needed for the business.
- High level of accuracy in analysis and data entry
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, ever-changing business environment
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment
- Degree in Fashion Merchandising or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of related industry experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experienced with PLM systems