Our client, a leading name in the educational space has an immediate need for a B2B Copywriter on their editorial team. This is a 3 month contract (40 hours a week) with potential to go fulltime for the right candidate. This position is remote but candidate must be located in the LA area to attend onsite meetings as needed.
• Supports B2B copy lead in developing and managing messaging frameworks, foundational copy and a content library to help build and scale the creative for best-in-class marketing collateral.
• Collaborates with stakeholders and project teams to develop concepts, content and copy that’s goals-based, on brand, engaging, accurate and persuasive for the full range of B2B projects.
• Works with designers to ensure copy is correctly incorporated and advises modifications to improve messaging effectiveness and readability.
• Presents concepts and copy with clarity, purpose and authority; works with B2B copy lead to interpret feedback to create additional rounds as needed.
• Delivers projects on time and/or works with project managers and B2B copy lead to manage delivery under tight deadlines.
• Aligns with Marketing and Creative Ops to ensure project goals are clear and is comfortable questioning direction or working with B2B copy lead to pause projects until strategy is resolved.
• Employs campaign thinking to strategize and leverage copy for integrated marketing programs.
• Maintains audience-targeted voice and copy for new projects that align with brand style and messaging frameworks.
• Works with copy editing lead to ensure factual accuracy.
• Builds partnerships with producers and project managers to prioritize, track and remediate copy issues. • Shows initiative and thinks ahead; brings a “we can solve it” attitude to everything they do.
• Actively seeks out and shares best practices, technologies, tools, tactics and trends to help evolve the Editorial Team’s capabilities, processes and effectiveness.
Knowledge & Skills
• Demonstrates a good understanding of cross-platform messaging strategies and applies competitive research, benchmarks and data to optimize copy.
• Commits to building deep knowledge of leading trends and topics in the education sector, with a primary focus on early childhood and K–12 settings.
• Easily pivots between strategic thinking, detailed tactical execution and free-flowing creativity.
• Independently and continuously works to grow their industry knowledge and creative skills. Requirements
• 3+ years of experience in B2B marketing, storytelling and content development in a high-volume environment (in-house preferred)
• Education sector experience strongly preferred
• Degree in English, marketing, journalism or other related field, or equivalent experience
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Suite and project management tools such as Workfront, Sharepoint, etc.
• Commuting distance from headquarters for occasional onsite meetings or events
Send your portfolio today!