Business Sales Manager Overview:
Our client is looking for smart leaders who are fast and passionate. They are looking for a Business Sales Manager to join our Luxury Specialty Multi Channel Sell In team. This role will enable the Specialty Multi Channel to further strengthen our portfolio by taking a deep dive into data and actioning the results into higher net and retail sales growth. This role reports into the VP Sales, US Luxury Specialty Multi Channel and will closely work with our brand marketing, demand planning, and .com teams located in our New York offices. You will get to work within the fastest growing specialty-multi channel, build awareness of the needs of these key customers and disrupt the beauty market.
Business Sales Manager Responsibilities:
In this role you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Achieve gross and net sales targets: set up and maintenance of stock & sales plan to deliver targets for gross sales, retail sales, and trade spend. BSM is key lead on developing the monthly shipment forecast, tracking weekly status, liaison with customer service and retailer buying team.
- Lead account activation across B&M and .com: manage & executing account activation based on strategies aligned on with sell in team, marketing, sales ops, and Retail buyer to drive sell through & gain market share. Internal key lead with sales ops and marketing to ensure all account activations are executed with excellence. Manage side by side calendar, sample & GWPs, visual, advertising, tools. Collaborate closely with sell through and .com partners to ensure omni channel success
- Lead buying office support & collaboration: partner with VP Sales, Sr. BSD to ensure best in class account management. Maintain weekly communication with buyer, develop strong collaborative relationships, provide weekly agenda topics in preparation for meetings, recap meetings, ensure execution of follow ups ·
- Forecasting & benchmarking of basic, promotional items and innovation: use projections to build sales plans, partner with marketing, sell in team, & account to ensure new items have appropriate like sku & penetration %, partner with Retail buyer to align on agreed to benchmarking & sales/receipts plans, monitor Retail sales/receipt plans and compare to internal forecasts and call out opportunities or risks to forecast. Analyze sales results and impact of promotional programs and trade spend to make recommendations for future. Collaborate with sell in team to identify business opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Inventory management: ensure high in stock levels, ensure store in stocks for launches, events, holidays, work with planning partner to monitor on hand inventory levels to identify opportunities, collaborate with demand planning do drive best in class inventory mgt
Business Sales Manager Qualifications:
- Minimum 5+ years in Sales, Category Management or Retail Management
- Strong analytical ability; attention to detail and organizational/time management skills
- Ability to work with data from multiple sources and interpret the data to provide actionable conclusions
- Advanced excel and power point skills required.
- Desire to work in a strong team environment
- Well-developed interpersonal / communication skills. Has an ability to build relationships to drive results; Can present regularly to small-medium size groups.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills and working under tight timelines, multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to balance priorities across multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and leverage systems and information to influence others
- Well organized, with a passion for follow-through and completion
- Flexibility to travel as required
- Bachelor's degree
- Sound understanding of the brand and Customer networks
- Beauty enthusiast with passion for skincare/ Ulta Beauty