Responsible for copywriting, support product marketing initiatives, in accordance with the brand promise. Product Marketing Copywriter is part of a collaborative team that establishes the brand voice for our Client across many different consumer touch points and retail channels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Execute and articulate our Client’s voice across all consumer-facing touchpoints, marketing materials, sponsored articles & blogs
• Collaborate with SEO team to ensure copy meets highest SEO standards
• Based on targeted audience and intended platform, adjust brand voice and content as needed • With a thorough understanding of our Client ’within the competitive set, develop unique and effective copy that meets brands promise
• Suggest creative ways to tell the unique brand and product stories while emphasizing our points of difference as a brand in all messaging
• Manage monthly direct mailer campaigns, serving as the project manager between creative, digital, and shipping to ensure campaigns run smoothly and are completed on time
• Work closely with PR agency, maintaining monthly PR calendar, writing press releases, and supporting various PR initiatives in collaboration with Director
• For all product package copy project requests, manage deadlines of copy development: concepting/brainstorming, writing, editing, approval, proofreading
• Write independently and quickly while remaining flexible and creativity — appreciate feedback and respond to it positively
• Maintain a well-organized library of approved, on-brand copy that other teams and departments may utilize consistently
• Juggle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively on a timely basis
• All other duties as assigned Working Relationships
• Build strong mutually respectful relationships
• Interface with all our Client's brands, as needed: Product Marketing, Product Development, PR, Training / Education, E-Commerce, Sales, and Creative as an essential link in driving product and consumer assets to market
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Degree in Communications, Marketing Communications or equivalent.
• Minimum 3-5+ years of copywriting & content creation experience, either in-house for a brand or at an agency. Experience within Beauty, Skin Care, or other Personal Care industries preferred.
• Strong attention to detail and proofreading / copy editing skills
• Knowledge of SEO and search tools a plus • Well-versed experience in writing copy for product, marketing collateral, POP/POS, websites, email marketing, social media and more — and know how to change and adapt copy for each of these platforms
• Ability to work with others; to create a cross-departmental successful team environment.
• Excellent communication and writing skills. Strong verbal and written communication in English.